The Global Power of Oncology Nursing 2022
The Global Power of Oncology Nursing is a free-to-attend virtual event held annually that takes place under the auspices of London Global Cancer Week. The event primarily focuses on cancer care and nursing in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) and combines presentations and participation from over 300 caregivers, patients, survivors, and industry partners from around the world.
GPON 2022 – Tuesday 15th November 2022, from 10:00 UTC – 15:00 UTC and then 20:00 UTC – 22:00 UTCcovering 3 regional time zones (the second session is bilingual in English and Spanish).
GPON 2022 will feature experts in oncology nursing from more than a dozen countries and contexts across the globe. Speakers and panelists at this year’s GPON conference, Celebrating Oncology Nursing: From Adversity to Opportunity, will be invited to address three critical themes:
1) Strategies for addressing oncology nursing in crisis situations
2) Health care sector migration
3) Climate Change and Oncology Nursing
Confirmed key speakers include:
– Dr. Fethiye Gülin Gedik, WHO EMRO representative
– Professor James Buchan, Senior Fellow at the Health Foundation
– Myrna McLaughlin Anderson, Clinical Professor at the University of Panama Nursing College and
Advisor to the Ministry of Health (Panama)
– Edna Adan Ismail, nurse midwife, activist, and first female Foreign Minister of Somaliland
– Luke Grenfell-Shaw, cancer survivor and Bristol2Beijing cyclist
The full programme and speaker bios can be found on our website.