Sigma leads new NNCGSI to promote healthy work environments
Sigma and the Nursing Now Challenge are running a Nursing Now Challenge Global Solutions Initiative (NNCGSI) that addresses ways to foster a healthy work environment in health care following the COVID-19 pandemic.
The aim of this NNCGSI is to provide nurses and midwives the opportunity to develop evidence-informed strategies to reduce or eliminate uncivil behaviors within the healthcare work environment. Issues addressed by participants might consider…
- The development of strategies for nurses, midwives, and other health workers to prevent workplace incivility, lateral violence and or bullying in the professional community
- The perspectives of nurses, midwives, and other health workers on workplace bullying
- Reframing or reconstructing a system or process to provide a supportive atmosphere for nurses, midwives, and other health workers in the workplace
- The communication skills used by nurses, midwives, and other health workers to prevent incivility and uncivil behaviors.
The Nursing Now Challenge and Sigma will select one solution winner for this challenge. The winner will benefit from the following:
- Free access to Sigma’s online course related to bullying and incivility
- The opportunity to share their story and idea during a Special Session at the Creating Healthy Work Environments conference on 24-26 March 2022 in Washington, DC, USA.
- Complimentary registration for one to the Creating Healthy Work Environments conference (conference travel and lodging arrangements not included)
- $500 prize money to develop or implement their idea or activity
- Participation in a Sigma webinar to discuss your solution and continue the dialogue.
The closing date for submissions is 20th December 2021.
Watch our webinars here:
What is the NNCGSI?
The Nursing Now Challenge Global Solutions Initiative (NNCGSI) connects young nurses and midwives around the world to share ideas and encourage nurse and midwife-led innovations that resolve global health issues.
The NNCGSI aims to:
- Facilitate global interaction and partnerships between nurses and midwives
- Encourage the development of practical nurse and midwife-led solutions globally, thereby supporting the career development of participating nurses and midwives
- Provide a space for nurses and midwives to share expertise and demonstrate the power of their knowledge through their innovative solutions to everyday global health challenges
- Raise awareness of global health issues and develop bold, practical ideas to improve public health.
How does it work?
The NNCGSI works with a partner organisation to identify a theme for the challenge. Participants are provided with resources relevant to the chosen thematic area, including articles and webinars that will help them develop their solutions. Participants submit a concept note which outlines their solution to be judged by a panel of global experts.
How do I get involved?
If you are interested in participating in the NNCGSI, join our Facebook group and stay tuned for information about the next challenge, coming soon!
To learn more about the NNCGSI and our winners to date, click here.