Nursing Now Challenge Fellowship Programme announced
The Nursing Now Challenge Fellowship Programme aims to build the leadership of early-career nurses and midwives in Africa and Asia, in alignment with the Nursing Now Challenge.
The programme aims to:
- Increase leadership (confidence, competence and capability) of participating nurses and midwives, enabling them to be more effective and increase their leadership, influencing and decision-making abilities.
- Raise the status of nursing and midwifery within Health Partnerships and within their multi-disciplinary teams.
- Raise the status of women, who comprise the majority of the nursing and midwifery cadres, within the health workforce.
- Improve quality of global health projects undertaken by health partnerships, and thus partnerships’ outcomes and impact.
THET will work in close collaboration with a technical partner based in an LMIC to deliver leadership training to nurses/midwives nominated by their Health Partnerships, who will then be supported to develop and implement a Quality Improvement project.
For any queries on the grant programme or the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The programme is open to established Health Partnerships operating in: Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Myanmar, Nepal, Somalia/Somaliland, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Size and duration
THET expects to award between 40-80 Fellowships to LMICs nurses and midwives.
The Fellowship programme will last for twelve months, starting in November 2021.
Fellowship grants of up to £8,000 will be available to successful Health Partnerships participating in the programme for the implementation of the Quality Improvement projects and other Fellowship-related costs.
Application Q&A session
THET will hold a pre-application Q&A session on Thursday 16th September, 9:00-10:00 (BST).
This will be an opportunity for applicants to ask questions about the programme and application process. You can register for this session here.
How to apply
Please download and read all of the following documents:
- Call for applications overview.
- Call for applications Q&A.
- Application form for Health Partnerships.
- Annex 1 – Form for nurses/midwives.
The application form and Annex 1 should be completed and submitted, along with letters of support from each of the lead partner institution and the CVs of the nominated nurses and midwives, in one email to email@example.com by noon (BST) on Monday 4th October 2021.
If you have questions or difficulty downloading or accessing any of the documents listed please email firstname.lastname@example.org.