Nursing & midwifery in crisis
In collaboration with Jaya Mental Health and Jhpiego, the Nursing Now Challenge has launched a new webinar series: Nursing and midwifery in crisis.
This series highlights the role of nurses and midwives working in crisis situations around the world.
The aim of this webinar series is to highlight the work carried out by nurses and midwives practising in crisis situations and understand what is needed to better support them, with a particular focus on mental health and wellbeing.
The most recent webinar in this series took place on 13th December 2021 and focused on the role of nurses & midwives working in conflict-affected areas and the impact that this can have on mental health and wellbeing.
- Joao Marcal Grillo, Founder & Director, Jaya Mental Health and Nursing Now Challenge Champion
- Katy Dickson, Founder & Director, Attune
- Filippo Gatti, Chief Nurse, International Committee of the Red Cross
- Zahra Mirzaei, Former President of the Afghan Midwives Association
- Mohammad Asif Hussainyar, Instructor/Coordinator, Academic Projects, Aga Khan University, Afghanistan Nurses Association Board Member
- Pandora Hardtman, Chief Nursing & Midwifery Officer, Jhpiego
- Pat Deeny, CEO, Health Action Training
- Matt Jennings, Head Of Development and Delivery, Health Action Training
Stay tuned for more information about our upcoming webinar, ‘Nursing and midwifery in crisis: Natural disasters’ that will take place in January 2022.