Nursing Now in Australia is coordinated by the Australian College of Nursing in conjunction with Jill White, Professor Emerita University of Sydney and Nursing Now Global Campaign Board Member.
In November 2018 the Australian College of nursing took Nursing Now on tour across Australia, holding a road show in cities and towns in four different states. Read more about the roadshow here.
For more information on how to get involved with Nursing Now in Australia, please contact: [email protected].
Local Nursing Now groups are in the process of being established at universities and hospitals across Australia.
Currently active groups include:
- Regal Home Health Leadership Group for Community and Primary Healthcare Nursing – Contact Anna Shepherd: [email protected]
- Mater Health – Contact Alison Broadbent: [email protected]
- Australian College of Nurse Practitioners – Contact Leanne Boase: [email protected]
- Stawell Regional Health – Contact Noelene Gration: [email protected]
- South Western Sydney Local Health District – Contact Sonia Marshall, Executive Director Nursing Midwifery & Performance: [email protected]
- Australian College of Perioperative Nurses (ACORN) – Contact Rebecca East, Chief Executive Officer: [email protected]
On 9th April 2019, at an event hosted by the Australian College of Nurses, and attended by Australia’s major nursing organisations, Lord Nigel Crisp, Co-Chair of the Nursing Now campaign addressed attendees to congratulate Nursing Now Australia on its launch and its invaluable contribution to the campaign.